From the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers
- Provision of Service. I will provide ongoing service to you only after I have assessed your needs and you, or a person designated to act for you, understand and agree to a plan of service, the results that may be expected from it, and the cost of service.
- Self-Determination. I will base my plan of service on goals you, or a person designated to act for you, have defined, and which enhance the decisions you have made concerning your life.
- Loyalty. My first duty is loyalty to you. I will always provide services based on your best interest, even if this conflicts with my interests or the interests of others.
- Termination of Service. I will end service to you only after reasonable notice. I will recommend a plan for you to continue to receive the services as needed.
- Substitute Judgment. I will not substitute my judgment for yours unless I am acting in the role of your guardian, appointed by a Court of Law, or with your approval, or the approval of someone designated to act for you.
- Confidentiality. I will hold in trust any confidence you give me, disclosing information to others only with your permission, or if I am compelled to do so by a belief that you will be seriously harmed by my silence, or if the laws of this State require me to do so.
- Referrals/Disclosure. I will refer you only to services and organizations I believe to be appropriate and of good quality. I will fully explain to you any business relationship I have with any service I propose, and give you information on alternatives, if at all possible, so that you, or a person designated to act for you, can make an informed decision to accept or reject the services I recommend to you.
- Cooperation. I will strive to ensure cooperation between all of the individuals involved in providing service and care to you.
- Qualifications. I am fully qualified in my profession to provide the services I undertake. I continue to improve my skills and knowledge by participating in professional development programs and maintaining certification and licensing in my profession.
- Discrimination. I will not promote or sanction any form of discrimination.